Mercedes have announced that the W10 that Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas will use in the 2019 Formula 1 World Championship with break cover at a private shakedown run ahead of testing in Barcelona less than a week later.
Mercedes said in a press release: “We are delighted to announce that our 2019 Formula One car will hit the track for the first time on Wednesday 13 February for its initial shakedown run. The Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ will contest the tenth season of the modern incarnation of the works Mercedes team. ”
“To celebrate the tenth modern-day Mercedes F1 car, we will provide fans with insights about the new car and the upcoming season on our social media channels in the days leading up to the shakedown day.”
“We ask for your understanding that the shakedown is a closed event and will not be accessible to media or public,” concluded the release.
Racing Point will launch their team in Toronto on the same day.
- February 11: Toro Rosso (Online)
- February 12: Renault (Enstone)
- February 13: Force India (Toronto)
February 13: Mercedes
- February 14: McLaren (Woking)
- February 15: Ferrari (Maranello)
- February 18 to 21: Winter Test 1, Barcelona
- February 26 to March 1: Winter Test 2 , Barcelona