Horner cleared of allegations, remain Red Bull boss

Horner cleared of allegations, remains Red Bull boss

Horner cleared of allegations, remain Red Bull boss

Christian Horner will remain in his role as Red Bull Racing boss, after being cleared from the allegations of “inappropriate behavior” towards a female colleague following an internal investigation by Red Bull.

Formula 1 has been anticipating the results of the independent investigation Red Bull have launched in claims that Horner has behaved inappropriately towards a female colleague.

The news was broken by Sky Sport F1‘s Craig Slater on Wednesday afternoon as F1 circus has been ramping up for the season opener in Bahrain.

Slater said: “We will get a resolution on this independent investigation in the next 20 minutes.

“The headline from it will be Christian Horner will be cleared of any wrongdoing. That’s what I’m hearing at the moment from multiple people close to this situation.

“I want to wait for the official release itself. It may give us some more detail which is obviously significant in this case.

“Many in this paddock have asked for this to be transparent and to understand it’s been transparent and fair. I think we will perhaps get a better understanding of that once we get the official statement.

“But this independent investigation brought out by Red Bull, the parent company based in Austria, will clear Christian Horner of any wrongdoing,” Slater insisted.

Much has been said and speculated about the Horner investigation that has cast a shadow on Red Bull Racing’s season launch so far, not to mention the F1 as a whole.

Formula 1 One Management has requested Red Bull to finalize the investigation as soon as possible while Ford, Red Bull’s engine partners from 2026 have urged for transparency.

Horner has insisted he is innocent from the start, carrying on in his role as usual at the helm of Red Bull Racing, attending the RB20 car launch and the pre-season testing in Bahrain claiming is is business as usual.

Red Bull GmbH statement

Red Bull GmbH issued a statement on the matter: “The independent investigation into the allegations made against Mr Horner is complete, and Red Bull can confirm that the grievance has been dismissed.

“The complainant has a right of appeal. Red Bull is confident that the investigation has been fair, rigorous and impartial.

“The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned.

“Red Bull will continue striving to meet the highest workplace standards,” the statement concluded.

Reactions to Horner investigation conclusion

Horner: Who cares about a Sprint Championship?

Martin Brundle said on Sky Sports F1: “I think it’s [Horner investigatio] been a distraction for all of Formula 1. We’re in the inner sanctum here and many of these people we have known for years and decades.

“I think it has impacted on all of F1 and certainly is a distraction for the team,” he added.

“That statement from Red Bull GmbH is drawing a solid line underneath the whole thing. That appears to be their position,” the former F1 driver turned respected pundit concluded.

The 1996 F1 Champion Damon Hill gave his opinion, he said: “There will be people who say that it’s the organisation judging itself and not being exposed to any other external influences.

“They had to investigate an allegation and they’ve satisfied themselves that their man is in tact and that they’re going to carry on,” Hill added.

Before the news broke that Horner will be staying on as Red Bull Racing TP and CEO, seven-time F1 Champion Lewis Hamilton was asked to comment about the investigation during his media duties on Wednesday.

He said: “I think it’s a difficult one to answer, naturally. We always have to do more to try and make the sport and the environment that people get to work in feel safe and inclusive and any allegations have to be taken very seriously.

“Obviously we don’t know everything that’s gone on, but it does need to be resolved as it’s hanging over the sport,” he added. “It will be really interesting to see how it’s dealt with moving forwards and the effect that it may or may not have on the sport moving forwards.

“I think it’s a really important moment for the sport to make sure that we stand true to our values,” Hamilton concluded.

As of now, it seems Horner case has been closed, and F1 can go back to focusing on the new 2024 season that starts this weekend in Bahrain.