Let’s face it, all sports have drama at some point. For Formula 1 fanatics, there hasn’t been one more interesting than the ‘human error’ when Michael Masi accidentally ‘allowed’ Max Verstappen from Red Bull to overtake Lewis Hamilton on the final lap was rather entertaining.
This article is not here for that though. The sole purpose of this piece of writing is to inform F1 fans, and those who just find themselves perusing this site, of the ongoing events in sports betting and the sports’ online history and current standing.
F1 Sports Betting
F1 is by far the classiest international racing competition with millions of people into it as a sport. That is why bookmakers make it their business to incorporate the game alongside many other popular sports, and add bookies sign up offers.
How does F1 sports betting work?
There are three given ways to bet on F1: You can wager on the races, futures and live gambling. As far as the markets are concerned, you can bet on the winner, the podium finish, and more. The advantage of this kind of betting is that you get to find out as soon as a game is over, who the winner is.
F1 futures are for punters who are in it for the long haul. Those who prefer long-term betting. These are seasonal, where you can bet on any driver or construction team and get the results at the end of a season. You can wager on your chosen champion either at the start of the season or during.
An excellent and exciting way to make money for those with racing expertise is online live betting. You can follow some of the top gambling websites for in-play odds in the course of a race. A few things to keep into consideration before we get into how F1 sports betting works.
Gamblers have to always remember three key factors:
- One: Always wager for good merit, that means do it for value.
- Two: Don’t make amateur faults. These include betting too often and doing guesswork instead of laying the groundwork by preparing before the event.
- Three: Manage your bankroll. Too often, people get carried away by the thrill of the moment and let their emotions take over their brains. Budget for your bet and maintain your discipline.
With those tips in mind, we can steer into how betting for this game works. There are several markets at our disposal and the ones that offer real money and are considered the best are the ones to dabble in.
Here they are:
- Race victor – Nothing complicated about this type of wagering. You simply place your bet on the driver you think will be the winner.
- Podium close – For this betting to be victorious, the winner you vouched for should be in the top three drivers who make it to the podium
- Pole setting – Your chosen driver has to qualify for a top spot on the starting grid
- Toe-to-toe wagering – This one involves selecting a few drivers and choosing the one you think will be the ultimate champion
- Race prop bets – This speaks to the technicality of the sport, such as betting on whether or not the car will meet all the safety requirements, or fall to pieces in the middle of the race
Is F1 sports betting profitable?
It can be if you follow the F1 betting tendencies. Within one isolated single event like the Grand Prix, you can discover various events. Always contemplate the following:
- Quickest cars – it’s a racing sport so inherently there will be a top team to be contended with. Start with those.
- Technical flaws – When the construction team grapples with keeping balanced at the onset, then they are probably not the team to bet on
- Motorist form – Conviction and the energy a driver exudes are also factors to consider. He is the one in the driving seat, after all.
- Objective/Direction – Check out the direction of each team, who is in the lead and what do the gaps look like
There’s much more to cover for tips in sports betting in the F1 parade. Other contributing factors to look out for include the weather. Educate yourself on the rest by visiting some of the world’s best F1 bookmakers. And always remember to bet responsibly and for the fun of it.