Pierre Gasly has said that his future will be decided within the next couple of weeks after a conversation with Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko.
The Frenchman admitted recently that he has received interest from other teams, with his current deal up at the end of the year, although nothing has yet been decided.
Gasly has made a great start to the 2021 season after an excellent campaign last year where he picked up his first career victory at the Italian Grand Prix.
In the opening nine races of this season, he has scored points on seven occasions and outqualified his teammate Yuki Tsunoda at every Grand Prix.
Asked whether he had spoken with Marko about his options for 2022, Gasly said: “It’s something we’ve done already. But it’s talk between him and myself and at the moment there is no need to come out in the media with any answers.
“It’s very clear in my situation, I am contracted with Red Bull, I am performing very well with AlphaTauri, I am really happy with what we are doing, but obviously personally I’d like to be in a position to fight for better positions.
“That doesn’t mean I am not happy where I am, it’s just a personal target and what I want to achieve in Formula One.
“My future at the moment is in Red Bull’s hands and we will see what happens for next year, I am pretty sure, in a couple of weeks.”
Gasly and AlphaTauri will be hoping for another strong result at the British Grand Prix this weekend, with free practice getting underway at 14:30 local time on Friday.