Nick Yelloly will get an opportunity to drive for Racing Point during the upcoming in-season Formula 1 test following the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend.
F1 teams will remain at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for two days of testing on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Yelloly is no stranger to RP19 having clocked up thousands of miles of testing on the simulator, helping the team to develop the car that has scored 17 points so far this season and is in fifth place in the constructors’ championship, only 1 point adrift of McLaren.
The two days of testing take place on 14/15 May with Yelloly driving for both days. Regular drivers Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll will be sharing driving duties in a second car as part of Pirelli’s 2020 tyre testing.
Yelloly previously tested the VJM08 F1 car for the team in 2015 under its prior ownership of Force India and has been part of the team since 2014.
Yelloly said of his break, “I’m really looking forward to jumping back in an F1 car again for the first time since 2015 and in the current spec!”
“Testing the car will next week will further aid my abilities to develop both simulator and car moving forwards as it did in 2015”
“As I do so much work in the simulator at Racing Point it’s always a huge benefit to drive and feel the car in real life, so Tuesday cannot come soon enough”
Nick Yelloly Racing Career Highlights
- 2019 Racing Point F1 Team Simulator & Test Driver
- BMW Motorsport Factory Driver 3 wins, 1 podium (season in progress)
- 2018 Force India Formula One Team Simulator & Test Driver
- Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup with FACH Auto Tech – Vice Champion, 2 wins, 1 podium
- 2017 Force India Formula One Team Simulator & Test Driver
- Porsche Carrera Cup with Project 1 Motorsport – Vice Champion, 3 wins, 8 podiums
- 2016 Force India Formula One Team Simulator & Test Driver
- Porsche Carrera Cup with Project 1 Motorsport – Rookie Vice Champion, 6th overall
- 2015 Full test programme with JOTA Sport
- In-season F1 test for Force India Formula One Team
- Force India Formula One Team Simulator & Test Driver
- 2015 Force India Formula One Team Simulator & Test Driver
- GP2 Series with Hilmer (part season)
- 2014 Force India Formula One Team Simulator & Test Driver
- GP3 Series with Status GP, finishing 6th overall – 1 win, 4 podiums
- 2013 GP3 Series with Carlin Motorsport, finishing 6th overall – 4 podiums
- 2012 Formula 3.5 Series with Comtec, finishing 5th overall – 2 wins, 4 podiums & 1 pole position
- 2011 GP3 Series with Atech CRS GP – 1 podium
- Formula Renault 3.5 Series, competing in three events – 1 podium & 13th in the championship overall after just three races
- 2010 Formula Renault UK with Atech GP – 1 pole, 1 win & 3 podiums
- Formula 2.0 Eurocup with Atech GP
- 2009 Formula Renault UK Winter Cup with Hitech GP – Vice Champion
- Formula Renault with Hitech
- 2008 Formula Renault UK Winter Cup with Fortec Motorsport
- 2006-2007 Karting Championships