As the New Year kicks in it is appropriate to get that calendar out and start penning in dates for 2019 to make sure you don’t plan that family BBQ on the weekend of the Australian Grand Prix, season opener on 17 March!
This year on this site we will, of course, cover everything Formula 1 related while keeping an eye on other series such as Formula E, Formula 2, Formula 3, WEC, Indycar on a need to basis – mainly monitoring F1 refugees and wannabes in their alternative adventures.
Fernando Alonso will be worth following as he flits between WEC and whatever else he has lined up post-Formula 1, even a sampling of the MCL34 may be on the cards during Barcelona testing for the veteran Spaniard.
Car launches begin during mid-February, but as yet only three are confirmed with Renault kickstarting their season with a bash at Enstone, on the 12th followed by Force India’s new Racing Point getting their chapter off the ground a day later in Toronto, an ‘off-the-beaten-track’ for such a venture. Interesting…
Some early season ‘fun’ starts on 19-20 January with the 2019 Race of Champions at the purpose-built track within the stadium section of the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City. Sebastian Vettel and Mick Schumacher (among other will be there in action, so we will keep an eye on that.
A week later the Daytona 24-Hours will be the big deal and of course we will watch our man Fernando and the posse of F1 connected drivers in action that weekend in Florida. And mid-February there will be the Daytona 500 worth watching simply for the news value.
We will also follow with interest what goes down the week at the Indianapolis 500 and keep an eye on the Le Mans 24-Hours.
Formula 1 2019 important dates which you can pen into your diaries:
- February 11: Toro Rosso (Online)
- February 12: Renault (Enstone)
- February 13: Force India (Toronto)
- February 13: Mercedes
- February 14: McLaren (Woking)
- February 15: Ferrari (Maranello)
- February 18 to 21: Winter Test 1, Barcelona
- February 26 to March 1: Winter Test 2 , Barcelona
- March 17: Australia, Melbourne
- March 31: Bahrain, Sakhir
- April 14: China, Shanghai
- April 28: Azerbaijan, Baku
- May 12: Spain, Barcelona
- May 26: Monaco, Monte Carlo
- June 9 : Canada, Montreal
- June 23: France, Le Castellet
- June 30: Austria, Spielberg
- July 14: Great Britain, Silverstone
- July 28: Germany, Hockenheim
- 4 August: Hungary, Budapest
- 1 September: Belgium, Francorchamps
- 8 September: Italy, Monza
- 22 September: Singapore, Singapore
- 29 September: Russia, Sochi
- 13 October: Japan, Suzuka
- 27 October: Mexico, Mexico City
- November 3: USA, Austin
- November 17: Brazil, São Paulo
- December 1: Abu Dhabi, Yas Marina