For the last post of the year, I turn the spotlight on readers of this site and present the GrandPrix247.com Top 20 Stories of the Year, the ones that were most read by visitors to this site during 2018.
The site published 3,080 posts during the course of the past year, attracting 1,228,000 Users who indulged in 14,862,463 Page Views as Google Analytics refers to them.
The top twenty stories as read by visitors to this site also provides an intriguing snapshot of the season, a top 50 or top 100 would probably summarise the entire year pretty aptly
With this last post it is also fitting to wish all readers a great 2019, may it be packed with blessings, health and wealth, that we all connect again soon in the New Year. Thank you for your interest and support.
Warts and all here are our Top 20 Stories of the Year:
20. Exactly why we will miss Sergio. R.I.P.
19. Politics was a big player in the year’s news
18. The question still being asked or maybe there is a fix? Time will tell.
17. Interesting story that was mostly ignored for some reason or other, but intrigued readers.
16. April Fool’s joke which might not be funny come next season.
15. And so it shouldn’t feel great, no need for team orders as it turned out.
14. The worst season in the team’s history and there was simply nowhere to hide. Credit to Claire for wearing her heart on her sleeve as they just kept sinking.
13. Not so sure about that Maurizio… Seb never won after Spa, Monza he needed help and didn’t get it. So if Kimi did no wrong then the team screwed up.
12. Max stating the obvious and not making friends in the process.
11. We all enjoy a good money story!
10. The occasional gossip also got more eyeballs than I expected.
9. Seb trying to tell us he is one of us…
8. Silly little spat the Lewis insists on pursuing while Nico has been a true gentleman in constant praise of his former teammate who he beat in 2016. Get over it Lulu!
7. This Charlie versus Seb story is going to be top dollar entertainment no matter which way it goes. Watch this space!
6. And it wasn’t tea or mineral water. Kimi stories, since he got his mojo back from Monza onward, were always well read. But his book was rubbish.
5. The thing about Max, he tends to call it as he sees it and for some reason, he tends to divide fans in the way Lewis does or Ayrton did when he was alive.
4. Another April Fool’s spoof triggered by silly rumours of Bernie and Flav starting an alt.F1!
3. Scary moment in the pitlane in an era when too many people with no place being there are allowed. Maybe it will take some (God-forbid) serious bad stuff to happen before they wake up.
2. Very sad story, shocking for how one moment you are here and the next you are not. Big Guy gone too soon and the news obviously resonated with readers.
1. Money! Money! Money! That’s the number one Formula 1 story of the year.
0. Yep! Not a Formula 1 story but rather Sophia’s scary crash got three times more views than our best story, a massive and unexpected spike perhaps triggered by being out early with that story, as it unfolded. It was an unexpected tidal wave of traffic for a couple of days last month.