Below is a list of the April Fools ‘exclusive reports’ over the years in what has become a tradition on our site since 2011, when the original YallaF1.com became GRANDPRIX247..
The list of Formula 1 April Fools parodies on GRANDPRIX247 over the years:
- F1’s eternal villain Flavio Briatore plus Nelson Piquet AND that crash in Singapore 2008 thanks to ‘tapes that surfaced’ in 2011;
- in 2021 we gave Narain Karthikeyan the drive at Ferrari in place of Felipe Massa;
- the next year we demoted Sebastian Vettel for his Multi-21 shenanigans with Red Bull teammate Mark Webber in Malaysia 2012;
- in 2014 we joked that Red Bull will build their own engines after friction and animosity with their supplier at the time Renault;
- next we put Jos Verstappen and Carlos Sainz in their son’s Toro Rosso F1 cars for FP1 at the 2015 Chinese Grand Prix;
- in 2016 we had Bernie Ecclestone embraced social media in a big way;
- we had Lewis Hamilton quitting F1 at the end of 2017 with Fernando Alonso taking his place at all-conquering (at the time) Mercedes;
- in 2018 we delivered a double-header! Grand Prix One was born was one of the reports and a separate one having Lance Stroll replacing Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes with immediate effect;
- Fernand Alonso Racing Team (F.A.R.T) broke cover, to pave the way for his return to F1 after walking;
- for 2020 it was a sort of a ‘tripleheader’ with one post about Roger Penske buying Formula 1, while Toto Wolff and Lawrence Stroll bought Ferrari in one post; the other of Eddie Jordan and Ron Dennis uniting to lure Porsche back to F1 as well as their own comebacks;
- in 2021 it was Lewis Hamilton quitting F1 to join Michael Jordan’s NASCAR team;
- in 2022 we have Nico Rosberg returning to Williams after a five-year break to replace Latifi.