Vettel: We have to fight, charge forward and take everything we can get 12 March, 2014 After five years of unimaginable success Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull have been brought down to earth with a thump as their 2014 car has been plagued with problems since it was unveiled at Jerez in January. Nevertheless the quadruple world champion is adamant that they will fight with “whatever is at their disposal”. Speaking to Servus TV ahead of the season opening Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne, Vettel said, “We have been very successful in the last few years, but now things are a bit more difficult, we will start the season at a bit of a disadvantage. That means we have to fight, charge forward and take everything we can get.” The Milton Keynes outfit endured a highly frustrating pre-season as the Renault Power Unit was woefully below parr, and still is apparently, and as a consequence Vettel and new teammate Daniel Ricciardo had very limited running in the RB10. Vettel explained, “It’s down to the changes in the regulations. We have a completely new drivetrain that has given us a lot of worry so far. It’s very complex and we are having difficulties even to understand everything.” “When a small part doesn’t fit properly, then the car just won’t go,” disclosed the German. Referring to the previous turbo era in the three decades ago, Vettel pointed out, “In the 90s and 80s, it was quite normal. We have seen that there were problems in testing, not only for us,” he said. “In races, that would just mean the cars stop and I estimate that only half of them will finish.” Vettel will be making his 121st grand prix start at Albert Park on Sunday, and will be looking to add to his 39 Formula 1 victories in the process. (GP247) Subbed by AJN. Content on GrandPrix247.com by: staff & contributors, Reuters syndication, GMM service, Getty Images, Formula 1 teams, sponsors & organisations.