Marussia confirms Chilton will stay on for 2014 Formula 1 season 11 January, 2014 Briton Max Chilton will stay with Marussia next season and drive alongside Jules Bianchi, the Anglo-Russian Formula 1 team said on Saturday. The 22-year-old made his F1 debut in last year’s Australian Grand Prix and became the first driver to complete every race in his rookie season. Chilton said, “I am really happy to be continuing with the Marussia F1 Team into a second season. Continuity is important for the team but also for me as a driver. You learn such a lot in your debut season, but the second year is when you can really pull all of those new experiences together and show your true potential.” “That has always been the case for me in the junior categories and I’ll be aiming for a similar step in my second year of F1 competition. I would like to thank the Marussia F1 Team for … continued faith and support. They are a great bunch of people who are extremely hard-working and ambitious and I can’t wait to embark on our 2014 season challenge together,” added Chilton. Graeme Lowdon, President and Sporting Director said: ” It was great to see Max and Jules developing during their debut season last year, rewarding our confidence in such a young but obviously talented line-up. I’m sure [that] the fans are as excited as we are to see what our drivers can go on to achieve in their second season with us.” Team Principal John Booth said, “We are pleased to confirm that Max will continue with the team into the 2014 season. In view of next year’s regulation changes, continuity is key, so it is highly beneficial to our technical team that we retain the same driver line-up moving forward.” Booth added, “Max had an impressive debut season last year and, of course, achieved a new rookie record for finishing all 19 races. He can be justifiably proud of the progress he made through the course of 2013. With our race driver line-up complete we can now focus all of our attentions on our 2014 car and moving the Marussia F1 Team to the next level. After our success in achieving 10th place in the Constructors’ Championship, we have set our sights on a bigger and better 2014 campaign.” (Reuters-Apex) Subbed by AJN. Content on GrandPrix247.com by: staff & contributors, Reuters syndication, GMM service, Getty Images, Formula 1 teams, sponsors & organisations.