Caterham to launch 2014 F1 car at Jerez 9 January, 2014 Caterham has announced that it will have its 2014 Formula 1 car ready for the start of official 2014 testing at Jerez. Lotus, fourth in the 2013 Constructors’ Championship but struggling with financial problems, said earlier this week it will not be at Jerez for the first four-day test, which will feature all-new cars and turbo V6 engines for the first time. The other teams are all expected to be in southern Spain, with Jerez one of only three four-day tests scheduled before March’s Melbourne season opener. Adrian Sutil has indicated that Sauber, having also struggled financially in 2013, will be at all three tests at Jerez and Bahrain, and backmarker Caterham said on Wednesday that it will also have its 2014 car ready to run. “We’ll be at all three tests,” the team announced on Twitter, “and we’ll unveil the 2014 car on the morning of day one (of the first test), 28 January.” However, Caterham – having fielded Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic in 2013 – is yet to announce its race drivers for the new season. “Knew we’d forgotten something!” Caterham joked when asked by one of its 160,000 followers if it was “not bothering” about signing drivers for 2014. (GMM) Subbed by AJN.