Sutil and Di Resta moving on after Force India wields the axe 13 December, 2013 Vijay Mallya with Adrian Sutil, Paul di Resta and the Force India team at the start of 2013 Force India’s race drivers of this past season are now looking for new jobs after the Silverstone based team is lining up in 2014 with Nico Hulkenberg alongside Sergio Perez, ousting both Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta. Of the axed pair, German Sutil’s prospects look the brightest. He is backed by the German technology company Medion and is now strongly linked with one of the best remaining seats on the 2014 grid, at the Swiss team Sauber. “We will announce the new employer most likely in the coming week,” DPA news agency quotes 30-year-old Sutil’s manager Manfred Zimmermann as saying on Thursday. Scot Di Resta, on the other hand, is likely to leave Formula 1, although he admitted earlier this week that Sauber was a remote possibility. Paul di Resta leads Adrian Sutil during the 2013 season After the news of Perez’s signing broke on Thursday, the 27-year-old di Resta told his 300,000 Twitter followers: “Just want to take this opportunity to thank @clubforce for 4 great years. As a team we’ve come a long way in our time together. But it’s now time for a new challenge for me in the next phase of my career”. His most likely move is back to the German touring car series with Mercedes, but he has also been linked with the Indycar seat recently vacated by his retiring cousin, Dario Franchitti. Force India team boss Vijay Mallya defended his decision to oust both di Resta and Sutil. “Every team needs to move on,” he told reporters in London. “We gave Paul a good stint with us, we gave him the opportunity, he delivered for us. I have nothing against him – or Adrian for that matter. “I consulted my other team members and they all said ‘new car, new regulations, let’s get a new set of drivers who have got fire in their bell[ies] and are really hungry’,” added Mallya. (GMM) Subbed by AJN. Related NewsForce India confirms multi-year deal for Perez to partner Hulkenberg in 2014Di Resta looking to DTM as Perez likely to replace him at Force IndiaMallya: Having Nico in our line-up is a real statement of intent by Force IndiaSilly Season Latest: Hulkenberg and Perez to Force India and Sutil to SauberHulkenberg has reportedly signed Force India deal for 2014Di Resta: I don’t know what will happen next year, I’ve got to wait and seeDi Resta admits Indycar an option for 2014Hulkenberg in frame for 2014 race seat at Lotus, Force India or SauberDi Resta could replace cousin Franchitti in IndycarHulkenberg manager spotted in Force India talks for 2014 seat The Pessimist That picture is from 2011 and not 2013 isn’t it? MAD EEVE yup 2011 their racing overalls are older design McLarenfan There is no Sahara on the team wear so its well out of date!