Perez confident that he will stay with McLaren beyond 2013 27 October, 2013 Jenson Button with Sergio Perez McLaren driver Sergio Perez on Sunday hinted that the decision about his future has now been made. Until now, McLaren has only said the Mexican – who switched from Sauber at the end of last year – is likely to remain Jenson Button’s teammate in 2014. Perez, 23, has had a difficult year for the Woking based team, whose 2013 car has not been competitive. “It’s been a difficult year,” sporting director Sam Michael told reporters in India on Sunday, “and a lot of that has been inflicted by ourselves, because the car hasn’t been quick enough.” Michael said that McLaren is “really happy” with both Button and Perez, and repeated the statement that keeping the duo for 2014 is “most likely”. However, the rumour-mill might suggests that McLaren-backed junior Kevin Magnussen, or even Fernando Alonso, are still in the running to replace Perez. But Perez said on Sunday that he has “not really” considered the prospect of losing his McLaren seat after just one season. And when asked about McLaren’s looming decision, he turned to Michael and smiled: “I think it’s made, you can ask. “I am confident [that] I will stay here,” Perez explained. “I haven’t seen the need to go after any other team. I expect to come back with this team.” (GMM) Subbed by AJN. Tweet Related NewsMcLaren running out of star driver options for 2015McLaren eye Hamilton-Rosberg feud with interestButton unperturbed by Alonso reportsDennis: McLaren always look to employ the best driversDoes Button have a seat with McLaren next year in F1?Perez wishes McLaren well as he announces his departure from the teamBritish media convinced Magnussen to replace Perez, but McLaren remains tight lippedMcLaren pondering between Perez and Magnussen for 2014McLaren reportedly considering replacing Perez with Magnussen for 2014McLaren expect to announce 2014 driver line-up soon 2014 Please don’t do that, Checo. Please go away. Kevin is welcome though.