Haug finds a new job very different to Formula 1 17 October, 2013 Norbert Haug Earlier this week, former Mercedes motorsport chief Norbert Haug said on German television that he had “found a new challenge”. On Thursday, it became clear what the challenge entails. The 60-year-old, who for two decades was Mercedes’ motor sport vice-president until he was replaced by Toto Wolff, has joined Paravan Technology Group. Paravan is a German company specialising in vehicle mobility for disabled people. Haug will coordinate the “future strategic development” of the wheelchair company, it was announced. (GMM) Related NewsHungarian Grand Prix: Team bosses press conferenceRaikkonen: Mattiacci is the guy we needSmedley: I did not expect such a quick Williams revivalHorner: We will fight all the way to Abu DhabiVilleneuve: F1 is boring, something is missingVilleneuve: Hamilton will not be at Mercedes for longHamilton’s engineer breaks ribs in cycling crashMercedes boss Wolff injured in cycling accidentLauda: I apologise to Ferrari, Luca and Italian fansMallya says Force India are in a good place TarasT Maybe Norbert can hook up Frank Williams when he’s in the market for his next wheelchair. Hawk Lol captain tortuga @ Taras T : that’s not funny… but it is humour! lol Spartacus F1 lost something special when Haug left it. There was little doubt he did more for the sport than many. Not just for up and coming drivers, but for teams too with the Merc engine. Although wheelchairs and mobility scooters? Having had to look at them for a relative they really need someone with an engineering background to improve them; take the weight off them. For that perhaps Haug is the ideal choice. Assuming Newey isn’t available. phil @TarasT hahahahahahahaha.. The Pessimist Bernie is growing old too, he too will need a wheel chair powered by the new V6 Turbo that Honda showcased quite recently. Norbert you’ve got an opportunity to be back in Formula One if you get this right for Bernie mate.