Raikkonen to seek treatment for back injury after season 4 October, 2013 530 Kimi Raiikonen after crashing during FP1 in Korea Kimi Raikkonen is to get treatment at the end of the season for a back complaint that has troubled him for more than a decade and nearly ruled him out of last month’s Singapore Grand Prix. The 33-year-old former World Champion, who moves to Ferrari from Lotus for next year’s campaign, said on Friday that he wants to cure the recurring problem once and for all. “It is not really surgery, but for sure we are probably going to do something,” Raikkonen told the media in Korea. “I know what the issues are,” the Finn added, saying that he would be fit to race at the Korean Grand Prix on Sunday. He crashed into a wall on Friday in first free practice, walked away unscathed and was back in his car for the afternoon session, declaring afterwards that his back was fine. Kimi Raikkonen in Korea The back complaint is complicated and not entirely down to a testing crash he had in 2001 during his rookie season with Sauber. “You cannot really say it is all [down to] that, but unfortunately with many years of driving and doing things it doesn’t help,” he said. “I had some issues and small operations on it already and, when I was doing rallying, it is one of those things you have to live with. “It is not ideal when you have issues on any part of your body. It has been there a long time and I am sure we can find some solution.” Raikkonen was eighth fastest in both practice sessions on the opening day of the weekend in Korea. (AFP) Subbed by AJN.