Formula 1 bracing for future without Ecclestone at the helm 20 September, 2013 Bernie Ecclestone According to one rumour in Singapore, Bernie Ecclestone has cancelled an order for a new Formula 1 motor home that would have made its debut in 2014. “Is it because he can still use the old one,” wondered the German-language Speed Week, “or because he knows he will no longer need one at all in 2014?” Understandably, the news about the Formula 1 chief executive’s motor home is being tied up with speculation about his future, amid a looming German court battle that could even see the 82-year-old Ecclestone jailed. Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo thinks that, with Formula 1 facing the future without Ecclestone, the time is right to start planning. “We will need to rethink everything, with a structure that provides for a head of administration and finance, a commercial director and a number 1 for technical matters,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport , earlier this week. “The work can no longer be centralised around just one man.” (GMM) Subbed by AJN. Tweet Related NewsVerstappen too young for F1 says TodtTodt says nine F1 teams sufficient for 2015 seasonTodt rubbishes Red Bull’s twin-turbo planBrawn and Domenicali on Bianchi accident panelTodt: Let’s wait for Bianchi crash findings before judgingFIA shed light on Bianchi accident unanswered questionsTodt: We have to learn from what happenedWhiting: A driver should drive the car alone and unaidedItalian Grand Prix: Friday press conferenceGerman Grand Prix: Managers press conference Richard Piers High time he moved on. Good ********. A proper structure should be put in place. Red Bull Cheats You are the Emperor in Star Wars. Pure Evil controlling the universe. I hope you die very soon. BigE As if F1 could get any worse… just add the sprinklers and adopt the Medal system and make the farce 100% complete. matthew They don’t even need to replace him. He does next to nothing.