Ecclestone confirms Michelin eyeing F1 return 25 August, 2013 Bernie Ecclestone at Spa Formula 1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed reports from Spa-Francorchamps that Michelin wants to return to Formula 1. “They do want to get back in,” Ecclestone is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport, “but we have had contracts with Pirelli for some time.” Ecclestone is referring to commercial arrangements that have already been made with the sport’s existing supplier. But there is no such contract between Pirelli and Formula 1′s governing FIA beyond 2013. That has ramped up the pressure on the already-frustrated Italian company, who said moves to change Formula 1′s supplier now would be “farcical”. “If Michelin wanted to return why didn’t they come out and say so last September?” motor sport boss Paul Hembery told the Telegraph. He was speaking at Spa-Francorchamps, where after Friday’s punctures for Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso, he had to show photographs to journalists to prove the problems had been simply caused by debris. “We can’t even get a flat tyre now?” Hembery is quoted by Autosprint. (GMM) Tweet Related NewsItalian Grand Prix: Pirelli preview MonzaPirelli: We are likely to see two pit stopsBelgian Grand Prix: Pirelli preview SpaPirelli report from the Hungarian Grand PrixHamilton says Pirelli tyres for Hungary are badPirelli reveal compounds for next three racesHungarian Grand Prix: Pirelli preview BudapestPirelli report from the German Grand PrixPirelli report from Hockenheim qualifyingGerman Grand Prix: Pirelli preview Hockenheim lawl “We can’t even get a flat tyre now?” You had too many at Silverstone, sir. Dont buy pirelli. Loln Lucky we had cool temps for the dry race or I’m sure there would have been multiple failures giving the enormous load at Spa. Boycott Pirelli is exactly right!