Ecclestone denies he threatening to drop Monza 29 June, 2013 Bernie Ecclestone Italian Grand Prix organiser ACI on Friday insisted that Monza will not be dropped from the Formula 1 calendar, and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has denied he threatened to drop the race off the calendar. F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone told an Italian magazine earlier this week that the historic circuit could be the victim of the sport needing to push into more “emerging markets”. But Automobile Club of Italy president Angelo Sticci Damiani met with Ecclestone on Friday at Goodwood, where a World Motor Sport Council meeting took place. He said that Ecclestone “told me that he had never said [that] there were problems with Monza and, above all, that the future of the Italian Grand Prix is at risk”. Damiani added that the F1 supremo had given him “specific assurances” about Monza’s future. (GMM) Subbed by AJN. Content on GrandPrix247.com by: staff & contributors, Reuters syndication, GMM service, Getty Images, Formula 1 teams, sponsors & organisations.