Lewis Hamilton completed his final day of pre-season testing for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS in Barcelona today.
- In the morning session, Lewis worked through a series of short runs, using the soft compound Pirelli tyre
- The programme included aerodynamic evaluations alongside different set-up options
- After the break, the focus switched to longer runs for the afternoon session, looking at aerodynamics and tyre wear
- Lewis completed 117 laps today, equivalent to 545 kms, to take his total pre-season mileage in the F1 W04 to 2585 kms
- Nico Rosberg will drive for the final day of the test tomorrow to complete the team’s pre-season testing programme.
Lewis Hamilton: It was great to have a dry track today for my final day of testing, and we were able to get through all the test items that we wanted to achieve by the end of my programme. There’s still a lot of work ahead of us to get to where we want to be but the team is doing a great job. The guys are working so hard at the factory and here at the track; it’s been really nice to get to know everyone in the garage and how they work together over the past few weeks. The reliability, the mileage and the step-by-step improvements that we have achieved during the three tests are all very encouraging. Whilst we’ve been focusing on our own performance, we definitely haven’t seen the full potential of our competitors yet, so it’s difficult to predict where we might be. I’ll be back at the factory next week doing some final preparation work on the simulator and with my engineers, and then it’s off to Melbourne for the first race of the new season with my new team.