For the second consecutive day, Mercedes AMG Petronas topped the mileage charts at pre-season testing with Nico Rosberg completing a total of 120 laps at the Circuit de Catalunya.
- Whilst the track was wet this morning, Nico focused on evaluating new parts and set-up on the wet and intermediate tyres
- Nico completed a single run on medium compound tyres before lunch
- This afternoon, Nico completed a race simulation on dry tyres, although the latter stages were disrupted by red flags
- Nico did not complete any shorter runs when the track was dry in the afternoon
- Nico completed 559 km today, taking his pre-season mileage to 2030 km (compared to 2040 km for Lewis)
- Lewis will be in the car tomorrow for his final day of pre-season testing.
Nico Rosberg: It was great to run in the wet today which I have not done so far during our pre-season testing programme. The car felt good in those conditions and it’s important to have had this experience as there is always the chance of rain in Melbourne. This afternoon, we did some race simulation work which was very productive. I am happy with my mileage today as every single lap is important for the learning process, and so overall it was a positive day for me here in Montmelo.