Senna swaps Formula 1 for Le Mans in 2013

Bruno Senna (BRA) Williams.Formula One World Championship, Rd18, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Preparations, Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Thursday 1 November 2012.

Bruno Senna

Bruno Senna is bowing out of Formula 1, despite hoping to find a new seat after being replaced at Williams by Valtteri Bottas, instead the Brazilian has been signed up for 2013 by Aston Martin’s sports car team.

The David Richards-led Aston Martin Racing said Senna, 29, will “drive at each round of the WEC” this year. WEC is the FIA’s world endurance championship, including the fabled Le Mans 24 hours.

Senna is quoted by Brazil’s O Estado de S.Paulo: “Until 2009, I always had victories and podiums in the categories I passed.

“Since then, through a series of circumstances beyond my control, I did not have the same chance in F1.¬†The proposals offered to me this season also did not give me this possibility,” said the Brazilian.