2013 German GP will happen at Nurburgring says spokesman 27 December, 2012 Dec.27 (GMM) The historic but beleaguered Nurburgring circuit will host this year’s German Grand Prix as scheduled, a major local newspaper has declared. The fate of the 2013 race had been in doubt because of the Nurburgring’s well-documented financial problems. But the Bild-Zeitung daily said that the German Grand Prix, as well as GP2 and GP3 support races, will be held at the track in early July, as per the published FIA calendar. “Formula One will be held at the Nurburgring on July 7, 2013,” Nurburgring Automotive GmbH spokesman Karl-Heinz Steinkuhler confirmed. Sport Bild quotes him adding: “The major sponsors are making their bookings now.” Subbed by AJN. Tweet Related NewsRussian billionaire buys NurburgringNurburgring buyout on brink of collapseNew Nurburgring owner misses second paymentMagnussen not interested in talking to MassaMercedes backtrack on Brembo blame for Hamilton shuntRicciardo: It’s nice to get respect from FernandoHamilton targets high five in HungaryTech Talk: Hockenheim AnalysisGermany could host two grands prix per yearMassa: Rookies just take it easy! [email protected] I Really Really Really Hope So. The Race There In 2011 Was The Best Race In Many Many Many Years. Go, HAMILTON !