Van der Garde waiting for Caterham decision on 2013 4 December, 2012 Dec.4 (GMM) Dutch GP2 driver Giedo van der Garde is waiting to hear if he will be Charles Pic’s teammate at Caterham for the 2013 Formula One season. Van der Garde completed the 2012 season as the Tony Fernandes-owned team’s regular Friday and reserve driver, and is reportedly now in the running to replace either Heikki Kovalainen or Vitaly Petrov. But, although earlier tipped to run an all-pay-driver lineup for 2013, Caterham’s financial situation has changed since the Interlagos finale, after Russian Petrov’s eleventh place returned the team to the lucrative tenth spot in the constructors’ championship. Petrov’s performance may be rewarded with a new deal, or Caterham could use the extra money to keep its highly rated salaried driver, Finn Kovalainen. The other option remains the well-funded Dutchman, van der Garde. “We had hoped for clarification last week, but Caterham has moved the decision forwards,” the 27-year-old told Dutch magazine Formule 1. “The decision is theirs and we can do nothing but wait and see,” added van der Garde. “If all goes well, we will know in two weeks.” Tweet Related NewsCaterham told that F1 race cars cannot leave factoryCaterham future in Formula 1 increasingly dodgyFernandes sells Caterham GP2 teamRavetto: Caterham are on a high and we keep fightingCaterham out of spare parts for their cars?Caterham future remains uncertain for driversKobayashi keeps Caterham seat for SochiFernandes distances himself from Caterham teamRavetto confident Caterham will survive crisisCaterham say business as usual but bailiffs move in McLarenfan It will be a shame to lose Heikki Kovalainen from the sport I hope he either gets to keep his seat or moves up the grid.