Former Williams man could be in line to sue Ecclestone

Adam Parr (GBR) CEO Williams. Formula One World Championship, Rd 2, Malaysian Grand Prix, Qualifying Day, Sepang, Malaysia, Saturday 9 April 2011.Dec.4 (GMM) F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone’s next legal headache could be in the form of former Williams chairman Adam Parr, according to a report in the German language Speed Week.

Earlier this year, Briton Parr – at the time William’s de-facto team principal – suddenly quit.

His shock departure from the famous team and the sport was met with cynicism, as it coincided with the end to an impasse with F1′s chief executive over Williams’ stalled Concorde Agreement negotiations.

We reported in March that Parr did not see eye-to-eye with Ecclestone.

The Telegraph hinted at the time that he “was the victim of a power play”, while Speed Week journalist Peter Hesseler has now gone one step further.

He repeated rumours that “a former team official” could be set to commence legal action against Ecclestone, because the F1 chief executive earlier this year threatened to call off Concorde Agreement negotiations if he didn’t quit.

Writing in Speed Week, Hesseler said that the unnamed team official is almost certainly Parr.

Subbed by AJN.

  • Bec

    He wasn’t team principal.

    He was commercial director, who incidentally helped remove 50% of F1 from FTA UK TV.

  • Steve Maximus

    Bec, The article says de-facto team principle and team official, it never names him as team principle.