Buemi eyes Force India or Lotus seat for 2013

Sebastien Buemi of Switzerland and Red Bull Racing poses for a photo during the Red Bull Racing Filming Day on Circuit de Catalunya on February 17, 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.Dec.3 (GMM) Former Toro Rosso driver, and current Red Bull reserve, Sebastien Buemi believes that he is still in contention to secure a Force India race seat for 2013.

The Swiss driver, who was dropped by Toro Rosso at the end of last year but subsequently signed up as Red Bull’s reserve driver, told the Blick newspaper that he might also be a candidate to replace the erratic Romain Grosjean at Lotus.

Blick said that a new Red Bull deal for the 24-year-old is “on the table”.

Buemi added: “I am waiting for Force India’s answer. And everything doesn’t seem clear at Lotus.

“Luckily for me, most teams have not forgotten about me. There’s no more I can do.”

Buemi’s career is currently being handled by Julian Jacobi, who is famous for being the great Ayrton Senna’s manager.

Also still in the running for the remaining 2013 vacancies is Kamui Kobayashi, whose website campaign to raise money from his fans for a race seat is running strongly.

Spain’s AS newspaper said that the Japanese driver, who has been dropped by Sauber, has so far raised over € 1 million.

Subbed by AJN.

  • maybet

    dream on, why would Lotus hired a crap driver like you

  • The Pessimist

    Good for nothing B******