Kubica gets to drive Citroen WRC car in two rallies 5 November, 2012 Nov.5 (Reuters) Poland’s Robert Kubica, whose Formula One career was put on hold after a near-fatal rally accident, will drive a Citroen rally car in two events in France and Italy this month, the French manufacturer said on Monday. Citroen said the former BMW-Sauber and Renault F1 driver would drive a C4 WRC car, similar to one that took Sebastien Loeb to many of his nine world titles, in the Rally di Como from Nov 15-17 and the Rallye du Var in France on the following weekend. Kubica, 27, has not driven an F1 car since his accident in February of last year left him with severe arm and leg injuries. However he won two minor rallies in Italy in September and has competed in the Rally du Var twice previously. “I can’t wait to drive a car that is quick and has been as successful as the C4 WRC,” said the Pole in a statement. “Rallying is one of my favourite forms of motorsport.” The Pole, a good friend of Ferrari‘s Fernando Alonso, said in September that he was still hoping to return to Formula One and would not give up even if he might never be at the same physical level as before. Subbed by AJN. michaelprescottmacarthur No offense to Robert, but I hope that someone in his inner circle sits him down and has a come to jesus meeting with him regarding his F1 return. With the damages to his body that he suffered from his accident, I don’t think that he will ever be fit enough for a return. Now don’t get me wrong, the man is a fighter and has conquered alot so far. But even he admits, in this very story, that he may never be at the physical level he was before. to be a world class rally driver is still pretty kick ass in my book. Stay safe Robert, and my you be racing for many many years, at whatever level you can do.