Force India skipped Bahrain practice for publicity claims Ecclestone 28 May, 2012 May 28 (GMM) There was an element of publicity in Force India’s decision to sit out a practice session during the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend last month, F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has claimed. Ecclestone has already denied that the Silverstone based team was deliberately ignored by F1’s television cameras in qualifying, a day after Force India skipped practice due to security fears. “The protesters weren’t there to attack anybody,” Ecclestone told F1 business journalist Christian Sylt over lunch in London recently. “They were going to use the event to demonstrate and get their word out.” He revealed that when Force India expressed fears about travelling in Bahrain at night, he offered to accompany the team members without security personnel. “We will drop you and I will come back alone in the car again with no escort,” Ecclestone said, recalling his conversation with the Silverstone based team. In contrast, he said he “wouldn’t have wanted to go into those streets when we had the problems in London” last year. “Force India wanted people to write about them,” the 81-year-old charged. Subbed by AJN. Tweet Related NewsMallya: A long time coming, but it’s very satisfying to see Force India back on the podiumPerez: This is only my third race for the team and it was a really, really good oneForce India: One of the greatest days in the history of our teamForce India: Tomorrow is the most important dayForce India: we are in reasonably good shape going into the weekendPerez: Once we have no issues and problems we should be really competitiveBahrain Grand Prix: Force India preview Sakhir weekendDi Resta: I said give me a faster car and they’ll get a podiumForce India: A tremendous job by the teamForce India: An excellent team effort Hawk I agree. F….. cowards.