Nervous Papa Perez told by Sauber to stay home 11 April, 2012 Antonio Perez after Sergio crashed heavily in Monaco last year Apr.11 (GMM) Sauber has banned Sergio Perez’s father from attending grands prix, the Swiss newspaper Blick revealed on Wednesday. The report said the Mexican’s dad Antonio – himself a former Mexican F3 champion – struggled to cope trackside last year when his son was injured at Monaco. But Blick said the final straw was last weekend in Malaysia, when 22-year-old Perez was pushing for victory at slippery Sepang, and his father flitted “nervously” around the paddock. “So the Hinwil based team gave the likeable Mexican some good advice: stay home and save your nerves,” wrote veteran correspondent Roger Benoit from Shanghai. Tweet Related NewsAbu Dhabi Grand Prix: Sauber preview Yas MarinaSutil may have failed to deliver on Sauber contractKaltenborn: Big teams have own agenda and are disrespectfulGutierrez: My career is not finishedSutil: It doesn’t mean Sauber is going to drive in 2015Gutierrez working on several options after Sauber axeSauber confirms Nasr for 2015 seasonBrazilian Grand Prix: Sauber preview InterlagosVan der Garde in line for Sauber race seat in 2015Sauber confirm Ericsson as driver for 2015 Psych4191 No father that loves their son would be emotionless if their son was in a crash like Sergio was in Monaco. Shouldn’t really hold that against him. Alex I understand them and with all the expertise they are good at sporting such risks. When I was driving karts, we had a championship race. Father of the boy who won the race collapsed with hear attack and died as his crossed the line to win the race. It’s just not worth it.