Barrichello set to reveal Indy future next week 8 February, 2012 Rubens Barrichello testing Indycar last month Feb.8 (GMM) Rubens Barrichello is set to announce next week whether he will switch from Formula 1 to the Indycar series for 2012. F1’s longest-serving veteran has been left without a race seat this season, but he recently enjoyed an Indy test with the KV team, in which his close friend Tony Kanaan is involved. “There is a lot going on, we have spoken with many people and there are things to be resolved, including the family aspect,” the 39-year-old told radio Bandeirantes on Tuesday. “There is great anticipation and if everything goes well I think we can make the announcement of the decision early next week,” added Barrichello. “I’m sure anyone who knows me can see in my eyes what I want. The first race is March 25 and there is no time to waste. “If we want to be in a competitive way, everything has to be right and that means sponsorship, team, family — everything.” Barrichello’s first F1 team boss, however – Eddie Jordan – has urged the likeable Brazilian to forego the Indycar opportunity. “I love Rubens — our story began when he was only 19,” the Irishman is quoted by Globo. “I love his family, his parents, and I think he should retire with dignity.” Barrichello’s contemporary David Coulthard, however, said: “I wish him luck in the United States. We had a great relationship throughout my career and I know how passionate he is about racing.” But fellow Brazilian Emerson Fittipaldi warned of the dangers of American oval racing. “Today, Indy is different to when I drove — the risk is higher but it is a risk that he knows he will need to take. “Still, I think he can have fun doing what he likes,” said the former series, F1 and Indy 500 winner. Content on GrandPrix247.com by: staff & contributors, Reuters syndication, GMM service, Getty Images, Formula 1 teams, sponsors & organisations.