Marko says too early for Toro Rosso lineup

(L to R): Sebastien Buemi (SUI) Scuderia Toro Rosso with Jaime Alguersuari (ESP) Scuderia Toro Rosso. Formula One World Championship, Rd 2, Malaysian Grand Prix, Practice Day, Sepang, Malaysia, Friday 8 April 2011.

Toro Rosso drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari

Sep.15 (GMM) Jaime Alguersuari has this week admitted he has no idea if he will be kept by Toro Rosso for the 2012 season.

But as he launched his debut electronic music single in Barcelona, he told the sports daily AS: “I’m not nervous as it has always worked out for me.

“From the age of 15 I have never known what I will be doing (the following year) until the end.”

The Spaniard admits, however, to frustration that Red Bull re-signed 35-year-old Australian Mark Webber to be Sebastian Vettel’s teammate at the premier team.

“I have nothing against him but it closes the doors at Red Bull and also stops the flow from the junior team,” said the 21-year-old.

That is not entirely true, given that Dr Helmut Marko is reportedly considering simply dropping either Alguersuari or Sebastien Buemi, or both, and promoting Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

But Alguersuari thinks Marko should keep both him and Swiss Buemi for 2012.

He describes Buemi as “one of the best teammates I have ever had in my life. He deserves to be there.”

Alguersuari told El Mundo newspaper: “So far I have no place for next year, I haven’t spoken to anyone at Toro Rosso about next season”.

“What I want is a car that allows me to be in front and winning races because I think I deserve it. I don’t like fighting to be sixteenth. I don’t make excuses but Vettel can brake 20 metres later with his car.”

22-year-old Buemi is also waiting to know his fate for 2012. “I have learned to live with the pressure for three years,” he is quoted by the Swiss newspaper Blick.

Red Bull driver manager Marko insisted: “It is too early to have any serious thoughts (about 2012).”