Sutil says Force India 2011 deal is done

Adrian Sutil (GER) Force India F1 in the FIA Press Conference. Formula One World Championship, Rd 4, Chinese Grand Prix,

Adrian Sutil

Dec.16 (Grand Prix 247) Adrian Sutil said in an interview, on Thursday, that inking his Formula 1 deal with Force India for 2011 is a mere formality.

Eurosport report that the Germjan had reached an agreement with the team owned by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya. Sutil said, “We have reached an agreement. The signature is a mere formality, which will happen. My manager first spoke to Force India and that is why I am happy to stay with them for another year.”

Sutil has maintained during the off season that he is open to and actively looking to move to one of the bigger teams and clearly implying that another year with Force India was Plan B for him.

Sutil explained, “Force India can also become one of the top teams if they continue along the path they are going. Then you do not have to move to another team to have success.”

No Force India drivers were on the FIA teams/drivers list published earlier this month prompting speculation that the team were exploring alternative options to the drivers they ran in 2010. Recent reports suggest that Liuzzi is also confident he will be in the team despite talk of DTM champion Paul di Resta and Williams reject, but highly rated, Nico Hulkenberg being considered by the team.